Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Welcome to the KRONOS website.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit the Site, we may collect different types of information from or about you depending on how you interact with the Site.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices that you use to access the Site, as well as information about your visits to our Site. This Usage Data may include your domain name (the site after the @ in your e-mail address), the number of times you visit the Site, the name of the web page from which you entered our Site, which pages you visit on our Site, how much time you spend on each page, the type of browser you use and the date and time of day of your visit as well as your IP address. This data is collected in order to make our Site accessible (i.e. improve the Site and ensure that its content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices), to identify and remedy possible technical issues (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes) and to prevent and, if need be, prosecute any misuse of the website. Within the European Union the legal basis for processing personal usage data is Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (f) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – in the following “GDPR”).
DATA TRANSFERRED IN THE COURSE OF MAKING CONTACT
As a visitor to the Site, you may choose to provide us Personal Data, which is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
You may provide us your Personal Data when you, for example, request investor relations information or contact us through the “Contact Us” pages of the Site. To use the “Contact Us” form, you will need to provide a contact name, e-mail address and a country, as well as choose which KRONOS department to contact (Sales and Marketing, Customer Service, Article Reprint, Technical Support, KRONOS legal team, the Contact for website questions or concerns). You may voluntarily provide us with your job title and phone number as well as the name of your company, its street address, city, state and industry. Furthermore, any personal data entered into the “Comments” text field will be subjected to processing. This data will only be processed and/or used to handle your queries or address your concerns. Within the European Union the legal basis for processing the data outlined above depends upon the content of the respective contact, Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (b) or, respectively, (f) GDPR.
DATA PROVIDED IN THE COURSE OF AN APPLICATION
There may be an opportunity to apply for employment with KRONOS or KRONOS affiliates via the e-mail addresses provided in job advertisements on the Site. Your employment applications and related Personal Data will be received only by the KRONOS entity at which you apply, which will be the controller of these data and process them only for the purpose of carrying out the application and recruitment process. The name and address of the respective entity is shown on the application page. Within the European Union the legal basis for this is generally Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (b) GDPR. In Germany, section 26 German Federal Data Protection Act in conjunction with Article 88 GDPR applies instead. In Norway section 6 Norwegian Data Protection Act-new applies instead with regard to sensitive data.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER KRONOS ENTITIES IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS
Where it is necessary to answer your queries or address your concerns, the personal data provided by you via the “Contact Us” form is either directly received by the respective entity shown on the “Contact Us” page or transferred to the competent entity among KRONOS, its subsidiaries and affiliates, potentially across national boundaries. Within the European Union the legal basis for this data processing depends upon the content of the respective contact, Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (b) or, respectively, (f) GDPR.
Such data may be stored and processed in another country that may not provide the same privacy protections that your country provides. Such transfers may involve the transfer of your Personal Data from countries within the European Economic Area to countries outside such area. In this case, the appropriate safeguards for the protection of your data are put in place via so-called Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission. In order to request a copy of the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Most browsers are initially set to accept Cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a Cookie is sent, or you can choose to turn off all Cookies by changing your browser settings. Turning off Cookies may result in an inability to visit certain areas of the Site or to receive personalized information on the Site.
Do Not Track: Certain browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option that sends a signal to websites a user has visited to communicate the browser’s DNT preference setting. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Site, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted. For more information about DNT, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We do not send unsolicited marketing or other promotional e-mail to you or other visitors to our Site. We may e-mail you without your prior consent to respond to requests from you and to engage in other communication that you have authorized or that we have determined necessary to serve you and our customers more effectively. Within the European Union the legal basis for processing your personal data for this purpose depends upon the content of the respective contact, Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (b) or, respectively, (f) GDPR.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES EXTERNAL TO KRONOS GROUP
We do not use information collected from this Site for direct marketing purposes, nor do we distribute or sell your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market their products and services to you. However, we may share your Personal Data with others in the following circumstances:
- With our vendors or service providers: We retain third party vendors, service providers and sub-contractors to help us operate our business and the Site. We may share your Personal Data with these vendors, service providers and sub-contractors for them if this is necessary to provide you services on our behalf. Within the European Union the legal basis for the respective data processing is Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (b) GDPR.
- With corporate affiliates: We may share your Personal Data with our corporate affiliates in the cases described above.
- For the purpose of receiving external specialist advice or assistance: We cooperate with companies and other entities which provide specialized expertise with regard to special areas (e.g. tax consultants, legal counsel, accounting firms, logistics companies). These entities are either legally or contractually obliged to maintain confidentiality. If a transmission of personal data to these entities is necessary, the legal basis within the European Union depends upon the respective kind of cooperation, Article 6(1) subpara. 1 (b) or, (f) GDPR.
- With data processors: We rely on support from external service providers for certain technical data analysis, processing or storage processes (e.g. to obtain aggregated, non-personal statistics from data bases or for the storage of backup copies or the provision of requested information materials). These service providers are carefully selected and meet high standards of data protection and security. They are obligated to maintain strict confidentiality and process your personal data only when commissioned to do so by us and according to our instructions. Within the European Union the legal basis for the involvement of such service providers is Article 28 GDPR.
You may have the right to limit the disclosure of your Personal Data to certain third parties. For more information, see YOUR RIGHTS below.
You have certain rights with regard to the Personal Data we collect about you:
- Opting out of marketing emails: If we send you a marketing email, you may (at any time) opt out of receiving these communications by contacting us (subject: Opt Out Request) or using the unsubscribe mechanism offered in our marketing emails. Please note that it may take a short period of time to update your preferences.
Access, modification and other requests related to your Personal Data: You have certain rights related to your information. If the respective legal requirements are met, you may request that we:
- Erase your Personal Data: You can ask us to erase all or some of your Personal Data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide the Site to you).
- Complete or Rectify your Personal Data: You can also ask us to complete or rectify your Personal Data in certain cases, particularly if it’s incomplete or inaccurate.
- Object to, or Restrict the Processing of your Personal Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data or to limit our use of it.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Personal Data: You can ask us for access to and information on your Personal Data stored by us as well as for a copy of your Personal Data undergoing processing. You can ask for your Personal Data to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This includes the right to have the personal data transmitted directly to another controller where this is technically feasible.
To exercise your rights, or if you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us using the CONTACT US page on this Site. In certain circumstances, including when required by applicable law, we will comply with your request. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request.
The usage data described above will be stored for as long as is necessary in order to fulfill the purposes stated above and will then be erased or anonymized.
Personal Data related to an application will be stored for the duration of the application process. Once the recruiting process has been completed your data will be retained for a maximum time period of three years for evidentiary purposes. Within the European Union the legal basis for this retention is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Thereafter the data will be erased or rendered anonymous.
Other data outlined above will otherwise be erased once it is no longer required for the described purposes, provided statutory provisions do not stipulate a longer retention period.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. We do not direct the Site at, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Data from, children under the age of 13. Consistent with the requirements applicable law, if we find that we have collected information from a child under age 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will remove the child’s personally information from our records.
We do not seek any sensitive information from you. Sensitive information includes a number of types of data relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life or criminal record. We suggest that you do not provide sensitive information of this nature.
We take reasonable precautions to keep your Personal Data secure; however we cannot otherwise guarantee the security of transmissions of data over the Internet. Please take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Data that you submit via other means, such as email, over the Internet and/or refrain from submitting Personal Data that you consider sensitive.
HOW TO CONTACT US